Kayaksailor comes from the Columbia River Gorge, North America's natural wind tunnel. This exceptional place has been used for decades by accomplished sail designers to develop some of the most advanced sails in the world. Both the Kayaksailor 1.4m² and 1.6m² are designed to transform your boat into a high performance, sailing, paddle craft. Now performance sailing is easy because everything is set up for you.
The remarkable patented design uses the exclusive Magic Track mast step, enabling the sail to be instantly raised or lowered from a seated position. An ultra efficient, fully battened sail, balanced with precisely foiled retractable lee boards, gives amazing upwind performance . This undeniable efficiency allows the boat to slip through the wind with ease. Forward rig placement allows for paddling and bracing while under sail. Materials are of the highest quality, and are designed to withstand harsh marine environments.
All of the aluminum has an anodized matte finish with superior corrosion resistance. Plastic components are high quality Delrin for increased strength and lubricity. The vinyl window size has good visibility and the luff sleeve widened for effortless sail rotation. We have increased the sail draft in the lower panels for maximizing light wind performance, tweeked the balance of the rig for improved rudderless sailing and have included tell tales to assist you in finding the perfect sail trim. In addition, we have upgraded the webbing straps with ribbed webbing to eliminate slipping and enlarged the carry bag and sail cover for ease of use.
Details include: compact design, stainless rigging hardware, integrated downhaul/ boom vang, sail reefing, tool less disassembly for easy transport, custom sail cover, cool travel bag and mounting kit.
- Fiberglass reinforced leeboards
- Polished anodized aluminum spars and body
- UV stabilized components
- Stainless steel fasteners
- Premium urethane coated ripstop sailcloth from Challenge.
- High tech cordage from FSE/Robline, Samson, and New England Ropes
- Performance sailing equipment from Harken, Ronstan, and RWO
- Spring loaded CamLock buckle system for easy attachment to hull
- High density foam padding on main body tube to protect your boat
- UV resistant custom sail cover and carry bag
- Mounting Kit
- The length of the main body tube is 44.5"/113.03cm
- The length of the rig from the front of the main body tube to the back of the boom, with the sail raised, is 67"/170.2cm
- The distance between shroud rings is 21"/53.3cm
- Maximum distance between leeboards is 37"/93.9cm
- Minimum distance between leeboards is 23"/58.4cm
- Distance from the center of the cross tube to the front of the main body tube is 33.5"/85cm
- Distance from the center of the cross tube to the rear of the main body tube is 11"/28cm
- Distance from the back of the boom to the cross tube with the sail raised is 32"/77cm
- Distance from the front of the main body tube to the cross tube is 33.5"/85.1cm
Each sail kit is individually assembled by hand at our loft here in Oregon. At present, lead time for us to build your sail kit may be up to ten business days from order date.
Check out our Kayaksailor Kits and Accessories and our Frequently Asked Questions pages.